Friday, October 9, 2009

Thanks to the bugs in Nevada, I am all alone this weekend.

Early yesterday morning Blaine left for his entomology field trip. Because it is almost too cold for bugs in Utah, Blaine's class had to travel to a warmer climate to work on their collections. They are camping out somewhere in southern Nevada and just catching bugs all day long. EWWW. Can I just say that I will be so happy for this semester to end so I wont have to EVER find jars with dead bugs in my house again!!! Sometimes when Blaine finds what he thinks is a really cool bug, he will pour it out of its tube and put it in his hand, or the table or counter so I can see it. Just what I always wanted. For those of you that know that I am deathly afraid of bees, you will be proud to know that I contributed to his bug catching efforts by catching a bee. It was crawling on my leg and I flicked it so hard that it couldn't fly anymore and then I trapped it under a cup in my apartment and left it trapped until Blaine came home from school. I think I should earn a medal of bravery for that one. The best part is that Blaine has to record who caught the bug and I'm so proud to have my name under a bee. I also earn the good wife of the week award for that one I think. Thank you Utah for freezing all of the bugs to death so I have to sleep alone this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha! I've seen how you (and Jana and me) react around bees! I'm so proud of you, Kayla! If you need something to do tonight...Party Autumnatic? Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kayla, I love that you post on your blog all the time now! :) I can't wait to see you soon! I hope you have a bug-free great day today!

    ReplyDelete