Monday, May 24, 2010

A Paude Sandwich

After graduation, Blaine and I moved into my grandpa's house in Gilbert, Az. We lovingly refer to him as Paude (paw-day). Long story. Anyways, when we first moved in my mom told me to keep on eye on him because he is super skinny and she suspected he may be forgetting to eat lunch. I soon learned that this was not the case. Everyday Paude comes into the kitchen and puts together a Paude sandwich.
How to make a Paude sandwich:
1. Spread miracle whip over two pieces of bread.
2. Cover one piece of bread with provolone cheese. Cover next piece of bread with cheddar cheese.
3. Put in toaster oven until cheese is melted and bread is crispy.
4. Neatly arrange blueberries on one side of bread over cheese.
5. The other side can be covered in clementine slices.
6. Eat with a cold can of Fresca.
I was pretty horrified the first time I saw him make this concoction but it is kind of endearing. It seems to be a very precise procedure and it takes quite a while to get everything just right. We love living with Paude and are so grateful that he has allowed us to take over his house!

No comments:

Post a Comment