Thursday, January 27, 2011

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day has never been a favorite holiday of mine. In elementary school it was stressful picking out a box of Valentine's to pass out. I wanted the girls to think I was cool and I didn't want the boys to read into my messages and think I liked them. How embarassing. Fast forward several years to Blaine and I's first Valentine's Day together. We went out to dinner with my parents. Romantic, right? The next year Blaine gave me a dozen roses and we went out to dinner all by ourselves. P.S. I was pretty suspicious that I was pregnant last year on Valentine's Day but I was totally in denial. A few days later I finally faced the facts and took the test. My point: Valentine's day hasn't been a big deal in the Taylor household. But that is all about to change. This year I told Blaine I wanted to decorate shoeboxes together so we could leave eachother Valentines. He laughed at me. Plan B was to buy these two mailboxes at Target. That's right. We are embracing Valentine's Day this year. Blaine can't wait.

2 comments: