In Utah, I worked for BYU housing. Long story short, we organized leadership retreats and events for the Freshmen living on campus. I miss the girls I worked with so much! These girls kept me sane through countless ridiculous work experiences. RHA actually brought Miss Jana to love and she is getting married to one of her former RHA council members this fall. And actually if you are at BYU and are looking for a husband, three out of the eight girls that I worked with personally on executive council found their husbands through RHA. That is pretty good odds.
Jana and I are actually artists.
6:00 a.m in the morning. Freezing our bums off.
The point is...being in the Homecoming Parade for three years for RHA was horrible. It was always at the break of dawn, always freezing, and we always had to wear ridiculous outfits. Rolling grills around Helaman late at night: Horrible. Filling propane tanks as big as us: Horrible. Walking around grocery stores pushing two carts each with an embarassing amount of pumpkins or pineapples or whatever: Horrible. The memories: Priceless.
The last time we were all together they threw me a little baby shower. I was only 3 months along but they made me the most perfect gender neutral diaper cake! I miss you guys. Reunion soon?
Love love love this post!!!!!! I miss you, too, Kayla! And, believe it or not, I almost kind of miss rolling around grills and buying 30 pineapples. Well, maybe not THAT much. But I do miss you guys!
ReplyDeleteI MISS YOU GUYS!!!!
ReplyDelete