Friday, January 20, 2012

William-15 Months

  • He imitates a lot of what I say and has his own way of communicating everything that he wants. Mostly he just wants food. This kid can pack it away. This week we've been having eggo waffles for breakfast and I make two for myself and two for him. I'm a little worried about the future if he is already eating as much as me.
  • He calls waffles and bagels "pop-ups" because we have to wait for them to pop up from the toaster to eat them.
  • We've never had a bedtime routine and it has worked out really well for us to just stick him in his crib, say goodnight, and leave but lately he has started to stall by saying, "rock" everytime we walk into his bedroom to put him to sleep. Of course I can't resist a bedtime cuddle.
  • He can identify circles anywhere and is always pointing to screws or buttons or anything circular and will say, "circle circle circle" until you acknowledge that it is a circle. All dogs are "woofs" and cats are "ows".
  • He started identifying babies on boxes or in grocery stores and restaurants and gets really excited when he sees a baby. He calls toddlers older than himself babies as well.
  • He is super active and wiggly and the only thing I can get him to sit still for five seconds to do is look at all of the pictures I have on my computer of him. He points and laughs and says, "baby" for every picture.
  • I can ask him to bring me his shoes or socks or a diaper and if he is feeling cooperative he will. 
  •  For the first time in 15 months I am able to sleep until 8:00 in the morning. This is huge!
Those are the fun parts of 15 month oldness. Here are the not so fun parts:
  • being picky about what he eats and turning his nose up at all things healthy, pulling everything out of the pantry, drawers, cupboards, baskets, pretty much making the biggest messes ever
  •  having to sweep every day if I don't want half of every one of his meals sitting on the floor
  • having to hide cookies, candy, and icecream from him if I want some so he doesn't turn into world's fattest toddler
  •  going shopping with him=worst thing ever. He doesn't want to stay sitting down in the cart and half of the world's cart seatbelts are broken and either won't buckle or won't tighten.
  • dumpster diving when something is missing because William likes to throw things away in the trash.
  • Wanting my full attention all of the time and whining, yelling, or tugging on my legs if he's not getting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment