Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Married Girl

Saturday was our first Easter Pageant rehearsal. I expected it to be a whole new experience for me. I didn't expect for the choreographer to call me out on my marital status in the middle of rehearsal. "Wait, are you MARRIED or engaged?" Me, "Married." "DO YOU HAVE KIDS?" Me: "One..." "Is anyone else here married?" Silence. (girls all whispering behind me..."oh my gosh, she's married?!" "she looks so young"). I'm really glad she didn't ask me how long I've been married. I think that would have really been a shocker for my 17 year old friends. Later on one girl sat by me and said, "Oh, you're the married girl." Awesome. I'm now known as the married girl. a.k.a social outcast. The closest person to my age there is my junior prom date. Double awesome.

1 comment:

  1. The situation shows tactless social skills and immaturity. Wear your "marital status" proudly! Being married and a Mommy isn't for wimps. You're a beautiful wife and mother-Don't forget that!

    ReplyDelete