I'm kind of becoming a chair hoarder. I really want to master this whole reupholstering thing and the only way I can get good at it is to keep buying more chairs, right?:) I found this particular chair at Goodwill for $4. It was love at first sight. For William too. He rode around the whole store in it. I should have taken a "before" picture but I was too anxious to rip this green velvety with pink polka dot fabric off. We had a rocking/reclining chair in this exact fabric in the early 90's. Totally serious. Right, mom?
The frame was offwhite/yellowy ugly 90's so I painted it a clean white. I really wanted a monochramatic indigo fabric. I loved "Lucky Match" by Victoria Hagen but it was over $100 a yard so that wasn't an option.
I found this Ikat Michael Miller fabric that I loved but it wasn't upholstery weight and it would have costed about $20 a yard to make it sturdy enough so I had to rule that out.
After completely striking out I decided to go a different direction. I searched vintage fabrics on ebay and found this crazy bright floral pattern that kind of said Anthropologie to me. It came out to be about $6 a yard so I went for it. I think it would make the perfect whimsical desk chair. Since I don't have a desk and it doesn't match my house AT ALL, I'll probably sell it.


love it! you are so very talented. I'd swipe it from you if I lived there.
ReplyDelete