Monday, September 7, 2009

Arizona Bound!

Blaine and I recently returned from a week in Kansas with his family. The weather was gorgeous and everything was so green. Blaine kept talking about how beautiful Kansas was and I couldn't help but agree. I was sure that after spending time in the home he grew up in and visiting all of the beautiful places he loves in Kansas, he wouldn't even consider moving to Arizona where it is hot and brown all summer long. Surprisingly, when we were sitting in the airplane waiting to fly back to Utah he mentioned that it just made sense to move to Arizona and going back to Kansas made him realize that there is nothing left for him there. I was completely shocked and excited that he was "coming around." THEN I heard him talking to his mom this week and I was really confused when I heard him say,"What will you miss most about Kansas?" and this conversation about missing their home and the beautiful trees continued for a while until I heard him say, "When do you think you'll move?" WHAT?! After he got off of the phone he told me that we were moving to ARIZONA after we graduate! I was ecstatic! My heart will always be in Arizona where all of my family and friends are and where there is NO SNOW! I'm so excited to be there for all of my siblings as they grow up and to be able to attend weddings, baptisms, and other family events! The best part is that Blaine's mom and stepdad are just as excited about this move. Although it has only been three days since Blaine told them his decision to move to Arizona, they have contacted a realtor, bought new title to retile their bathrooms so their house will sell faster, and looked online at houses in Mesa and Gilbert. His mom even says that they might beat us there! We are so excited to be surrounded by family and raise our own family with both sets of grandparents so close! At our reception, many people from my ward told Blaine that if you marry a Mesa girl you have to bring her home and I'm so happy that he took that to heart!:) I am the luckiest girl in the world to have a sweet husband who is willing to give up his beautiful green hometown for my hot and dry (but beloved) desert landscape of Mesa, Arizona!

1 comment:

  1. We are sooooo excited about the decision too. Papa & Grandma

    ReplyDelete