Monday, October 26, 2009

Homecoming Festivities

Every year, BYU puts on a big production homecoming week called the Homecoming Spectacular. I made Blaine take me last year and it was a lot of fun so he surprised me with tickets this year. Unfortunately, it was EXTREMELY random and cheesy and we were both laughing the whole time because it was so ridiculous. For example, I LOVE watching ballet performances and usually end up crying because I wish I was up there performing instead of watching. This time, however, I was SO glad to be watching because two dancers from the Theatre Ballet company made an appearance as Indians (random) and the poor dears didn't even get to wear tights with their revealing costumes. Blaine was especially embarrassed for the male dancer.
Friday night, PAIGE came into town. It was so fun to see her even though it was a super short visit. Blaine decided we should do a photo shoot in our backyard and the neighborhood cat even posed with us.



Saturday morning, I had to be in the Homecoming Parade for work. Highlight: Tossing candy to all of the darling little kids watching the parade. Downside: FREEZING.



After recovering from the Homecoming Parade, Blaine wanted to hike the Y. He had never been and it has been a couple years since I first hiked the Y so I grudgingly agreed to accompany him. It was FREEZING and rainy. We both agreed that we were embarassingly out of shape and Blaine decided that he would start working out every day. I decided that I would rather remain out of shape and sleep in instead of working out with him early in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment