Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Kansas Open House

In August, Blaine and I flew to Kansas for an open house so we could celebrate our marriage with some of his friends from back home. His mom planned a beautiful night in her home. She made these delicious chocolate mousse cups and her friend Ann made two huge cheesecakes. I love cheesecake and I was so excited that one said my name on it (the other one had Blaine's name on it but they ended up freezing that one, changing the name on it and using it for Blaine's friend Damon's reception in October).

It was fun to have my parents there with us in Kansas so they could see where Blaine grew up.

I met one of Blaine's seminary teachers, his junior high theater teacher, some former coworkers, and many of his ward members. It was fun to hear stories from the people that had known him growing up. The night was perfect. It was stress free, decorated with beautiful roses, and to top it all off, we got to enjoy the delicious food instead of gazing at it longingly while standing in a receiving line for hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment