A life counted in weeks goes by considerably slow. Every day drags on as I'm waiting to hit my next week milestone that will bring me closer to the seemingly unreachable 40 weeks. P.s. 40 weeks is NOT 9 months. It is 10 months.
Pregnancy Pros and Cons:
Pro-On Fast Sunday you can eat all you want and no one will judge you.
Con- You don't want to eat anyways because all food sounds nauseating.
Pro-You get to feel every kick, squirm, and hiccup of the baby.
Con-How would you like to get beat up from the inside while you're trying to sleep every night?
Pro-It is the only time you can be enormous and people will call you cute.
Con-Maternity clothes are not cute! I'm sorry, they just don't fit. If normal clothes come in sizes from 0-30 something why do maternity clothes only come in small, medium, large, and XL?
Pro-Strangers at stores will hold doors open for you and offer to help you carry things out to your car.
Con-Seriously everyone notices and talks to you everwhere you go. Random men and women ask you when you are due and if the baby is a boy or a girl. Really? Can't I just do my shopping and slip out unnoticed?
Pro-Hearing the baby's heartbeat and having an ultrasound is the best thing ever! There really are no drawbacks to this one...except maybe that gooey gel stuff they use is FREEZING! I've really been pretty lucky to have a relatively uneventful pregnancy thus far. I had a benign capillary tumor excised this week and am sporting three lovely stitches on my chest. I am really anemic and have to remember to take 4 pills a day so I can be healthy again. P.s. I'm really bad at remembering to take pills...hence the reason I'm pregnant in the first place. All of that aside, we're really excited for our sweet baby boy and I'm sure all of this will be so worth it when the doctor puts him in my arms for the first time!
I'm sooo excited for you and I am soo sad that I cannot be there on Saturday but know that I love you and can't wait to meet this little guy either! Cute cute post!
ReplyDeletePerhaps my favorite line from a blog ever: "I'm really bad at remembering to take pills...hence the reason I'm pregnant in the first place." Classic!
ReplyDeleteThis is my fav post so far...im with shara on that quote haha. Im so sorry I missed you this last trip but I will be there for thanksgiving and im coming over to see your cute little guy!! Love yoU! Your SO CLOSE!!
ReplyDeletelol I found your blog and yes, the quote about pills is the best!
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited for you and Blaine!! I can't remember when you're due date is...it's probably right around now. Having the baby is seriously an amazing experience. I love having our little girl around. It's way better than being pregnant! Good luck with everything!!! :)
ReplyDelete