Friday, December 3, 2010

A Sad Story

Sometimes I pretend to be crafty. This week I really wanted to brighten my unfortunate looking house with some Christmas cheer. So with William in tow I ventured to Hobby Lobby to buy supplies to make a wreath. My story does not end with a winter wonderlandy wreath glistening on my front door. Instead, it looks like a car ran over it. Twice. Seriously. Depressed, I searched high and low for the perfect blue and silver ornaments to put on my entry table only to be met with serious disappointment. But I was NOT coming home empty handed. So I compromised and ended up with teal ornaments. That's how desperate my house is for Christmas cheer. But you can bet, on Christmas Eve instead of visions of sugar plums dancing in my head, I will be dreaming of the perfect Winter Wonderland blue ornaments that better be in stock next year.

2 comments:

  1. this is a sad story....maybe we need a redo craft day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am all about crafts! Also, I did see blue ornaments at Ikea. You may want to check those out.

    ReplyDelete