Thursday, January 14, 2010

Cancel

So over Christmas break Blaine's mom and stepdad came to Arizona to spend time with us and to look for a house. On our house hunting adventure we weren't super impressed with either of the first two houses. The first one was a total fixer upper and the second one had an awkward floor plan. We all really liked the third house. It was recently remodeled, nice kitchen, good floorplan, etc. When we were leaving, Geri was marking it as her number one so far. We still had several houses to go and this was only the first day. Gordon (Blaine's stepdad) decided to check the foundation and found some cracks. He very seriously looked at Blaine, Blaine's mom, the realtor, and I and said, "We're going to have to cancel." I just love Gordon! There was nothing to cancel. They had made no commitment, we just thought it was the best house so far and Gordon "cancelled" the house. Ever since Blaine and I have been "cancelling" things and people we don't like.
Things I have cancelled:
My philosophy professor
Homework
Snow
Cold weather
Utah in general
Dishes
Laundry

1 comment: