Thursday, January 28, 2010

The Light at the End of the Tunnel

Blaine and I are three months away from graduating from BYU! Knowing this gets us through every day. Blaine started his student teaching at the beginning of January. He is teaching at an alternative high school here in Provo. Every day is a new adventure for him dealing with these kids. Have you ever seen Freedom Writers? That is Blaine's life right now. One day he came home from school and told me that while he was setting up one girl came up to him and told him that her gay friend thought he was hott. He was pretty discouraged about this revelation because this gay friend was one of the only ones ever paying attention to him. Poor guy thought he was reaching someone but it turns out it was only because he's hott! He comes home so tired everyday and I'll be so grateful when his student teaching is over and he can work in a mainstream high school. While he is gone ALL day EVERY day I continue to work and take classes. It's really different not having him around to meet for lunch on campus or walk home from school together.:(
Favorite class: Abnormal psychology. Except it is really hard not to diagnose myself and everyone else with mental disorders when that is all you talk about.
Least favorite class: philosophy.

2 comments:

  1. I cannot stop laughing for 2 reasons:

    1) Poor Blaine but the mental image of one male student gazing at him while all others run amuck is hilarious

    2) Oh Kayla, I know you well enough to know how funny and not surprising it is that you are diagnosing yourself with psychological disorders.... don't worry you're sane enough :)

    I love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck, philosophy does not sound fun.

    ReplyDelete