Friday, February 5, 2010

Why don't you do that?

My cousin Mckenzie recently made a post on her blog about the things she didn't know about her husband, David, before they got married. I was reading it out loud to Blaine and at the end he looked at me very seriously and said, "Why don't you do that?" Do what? Post embarassing things about you for everyone to see that I learned the first months of our marriage? What a strange request. This is for you hunny.
What I've learned about Blaine since we've been married:
1. He is very specific about the way his clothes should be placed in his drawers
2. He loves floor lamps. He really really wanted one when we were buying things for our apartment.
3. He is definitely a morning person
4. He is very talented. He can fall asleep WHILE I'm talking to him and sometimes still respond. He won't remember anything the next morning though...
5. He loves to be organized.
6. He doesn't understand that when you first get married you are supposed to be poor and never go out to eat. He is very persuasive and can easily get me to agree to go out to eat ALL the time.
7. He'll put toothpaste on his toothbrush and then set it down and walk away to do something else. Some days I'll go in the bathroom and find his toothbrush sitting there, with unused toothpaste on it and he'll have been gone for hours by then.
8. He never irons his shirts ever and they don't even look that wrinkled. I dont understand.
9. He likes to eat a bowl of cereal before bed sometimes.
10. He is a walking GPS. He can find anything and once he's been somewhere once, he'll never forget how to get there. This is my personal favorite because I am constantly getting lost as I have NO sense of direction.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!! I am so glad that I could inspire you :)... I am glad to know that i am not the only one founding out funny things about their husband.... it hasn't been that long and I have more things I could put in that category!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I remember correctly, you are also very good at talking in your sleep : )

    ReplyDelete