Friday, March 4, 2011

Is This Really My Life?

This morning the little man was driving me especially crazy. So I did what every parent does in time of desperation and turned on the t.v. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. We started Watching Jack's Big Musical Show on Nick Jr. This little dog puppet sang the following songs repeatedly:

Opera is great
Grilled sandwiches are okay
Somersaults are fun to do
and cats say meow.
AND
I like toast with jam and butter
I like toast with jam and butter
crunchy crunchy crunchy butter.

REally now? At least Barney's songs rhymed! Some days it hits me that for the next lots of years this will be my life and I feel overwhelmed. I tried picking up one of my psychology books and read it to feel smart again and I seriously had to concentrate SO hard to comprehend the material that I understood so well just a year ago. I love my little man. Being a mom is just so different from anything I've ever done. There are no deadlines or to do lists to judge my worth by. And no. A list that reads: Feed, burp, change, repeat DOES NOT COUNT. A little variety, please? I don't think Jack's Big Musical show is the variety I am looking for though. Probably we'll just stick to our usual activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment